This morning I welcome Carli, of Sugar Snaps Photography a photographer from the UK to my blog. Enjoy!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself! (name, husband, kiddos, business name etc.)
My Husbands name is Dan, we have three children Morgan who is 13, Bailie who is 9 and Isabella who is 3 and boss of the house! My business name is Sugar Snaps photography, we live in Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire, UK.
2. Tell us something most people don’t know about you! Crazy, funny, embarrassing, etc.
I don’t think there is anything my husband doesn’t know about me, he probably knows me better than I do myself. I’m very clumsy but try and cover it up I have ended up on my bottom a lot when I’ve been out and always try and cover it up.
3. What are your favorite movies or books? My favorite movie is Forrest Gump I love his simplicity and how he see’s good in everything and just wants to help. How could you not love a film where the character buys some shares in fruit and it ends up being Apple Mac makes me chuckle x
4. What are your favorite foods or drinks?
Favorite food is definitely chicken and vegetables if I didn’t like meat so much I would be a veggie for sure. I don’t have many drinks that are my favourite, seeing that most of the time I drink good old water.
5. What does your typical day look like?
Busy Busy Busy, as you can imagine, trying to run a business with three children isn’t easy, Every morning we get up and do the usual breakfast etc get dressed school days the children all get dropped off (to three different locations) and I have three hours to myself. This is work time and I do all my paperwork and marketing in this time. I spend every afternoon with my youngest daughter, Bella we play games and go on walks I take my camera and we have a lovely time together. After school is crazy making dinner organizing homework it really doesn’t stop. If I am really busy I will work in the evenings as well.
6. Tell us your business name, and give us all and any link so your website/blog/social media. My business name is Sugar Snaps Photography, my website is www.sugarsnapsphotography.co.uk. My facebook account is www.facebook.com/sugarsnapsfoto and my pinterest account is www.pinterest.com/sugarsnapsfoto xx
7. Give us a brief description of the business, and how long have you been in business.
My business is a small family run business. I specialize in Newborn photography, although I love doing location shoots with children and families also. What I love most about my business is being able to capture the newborn babies when they are so tiny you forget all their little details, the way their little face was when they were sleeping, the way they had little milk spots, or the way they smiled (or had wind). These details are easily forgotten and precious.
8. What do you love most about having a small business?
I love most is that as much effort I put in I get out, its probably why I am constantly working hard on giving my clients the best possible experience they can have. For whatever reason they book me I don’t want them to feel nervous or worried about it. I want them to feel calm and relaxed and at ease, I end up being friends with a lot of my clients because of the bond we create. That is something special.
9. What is the hardest part about having a small business?
The hardest part is definitely the time away from my family; running a small business of any kind takes up a lot more time than being employed by someone.
10. What is your biggest inspirations? (other photographers, the outdoors, family etc!)
My biggest inspiration is definitely my family, they inspire me everyday of my life.
11. Where do you see your business in 5 years? In five years time I hope to have my own studio, my children will all be at school and I will have more time to put into the business. For now I am happy to only have limited availability. My clients respect that also.