1. We’re back to Tuesday! And it’s August already! I’m amazed at how fast the summer is flying by, and if we could justslowdownalready that would be good. 😉
2. We were told that Nathan passed the interview portion (HOORAY!) and that now he has to go in for a climbing/tool/working type test in 3 weeks. (He’s a lineman) Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, and thank you to those of you who have sent happy thoughts our way!
3. Last week we had the pleasure of going with family to Silverwood! Nathan’s parents took us for a family day before Nathan’s dad left for Afghanistan. (He left this past Sunday 🙁 ) We had such a fun day together though, and the weather was soooo great. Emma went on one ride, but Landon kept running from ride to ride, thrilled! He keeps asking if we’re going back. 😉
5. We’ve also been doing ALOT of swimming in Grandma and Papa’s pool this year, happy to soak up every bit of hot weather we can. Landon LOVES the pool, and is now learning how to hold his breath, plug his nose, and put his head under water with goggles on…and the supervision of auntie’s and mommy. 😉 It makes me happy since I have always loved to swim, and swim alot.
6. Emma does pretty well in the water, but she really is more worried about how stylish she is. 😉
8. On Saturday we went and picked raspberries at Nathan’s grandma’s, I think I got more than 20 quarts. Then when we went to his parents I picked their pie cherries, about 1-2 gallons, and tonight, I’m headed to my parents for rhubarb! I’ve made jam, and desserts, and we are just loving all this fresh fruit (and freezing it for winter)! I am so hoping that wherever we are next year, I might just have the room to have a garden!
9. My sister-in-law and I are trying our hand at making fruit leather the end of this week. Tips anyone? Super delicious recipes? When I looked online it looks so basic and easy, like you can just go with whatever tastes are your family’s favorite. Can’t wait!
10. Have a lovely week everyone!