Due to it being Thanksgiving this week, I thought it would be fun this morning to do a “Thankful” 10 on Tuesday edition!
1. I’m SO thankful for my (mostly 😉 ) healthy, happy family. When we complain it’s something little like my shoulder hurting or Landon fell off his bunk bed, not huge, life changing complaints. We have always been blessed with each other, more than enough, and health. We are very, very blessed, and for that I am thankful.
2. I’m SO thankful for my clients. I had a dream almost 4 years ago when I opened my business of what it my turn into, and watching that dream come true is such a delight to me, every day. I am so blessed to have a job I love so very much, and wonderful clients who’s memories I have the joy of capturing. I am so grateful for my career!
3. Along with that, I am SO thankful that I have the chance to try new things, and to work hard at what I do. I had the delight of having one of my article’s featured on the NAPCP blog last week, and last night the fun news that my image was one of the four chosen for the cover of the 2013 Birth & Beyond Resource Guide. Awesome.
4. I am SO thankful, because I have amazing friends. I am blessed with a handful of very close friends I have in my life who support me, love me, and kick my butt into gear. They don’t let me stand still in one place, they always push me forward. They are genuinely kind, and they teach me how to be a better person every single day. They cheer me on in life’s victories, and push me to keep moving when I fail. They know who they are, these ones that text and email and call and love me and never let me down. I am so very, very thankful for your friendship.
5. I am SO thankful for our home. We had quite the journey this last year working to buy it, and I do not take it for granted each day, when I look around at what we accomplished and how far we have come. What a delight it is to have a big home to have friends over for late night chats and early mornings with coffee in hand.
6. I am SO thankful for technology. Skype is a happy gift, when we can talk to Nathan, Grandpa or Auntie’s that are far away. I am blessed knowing that those who are far away can see the kids on a daily basis, and can watch them grow, talk to them, and just know them. What a fun blessing.
7. I am SO thankful for education. I didn’t realize there would be a time when Nathan, myself & both of the kids would be taking “classes”, but we all are, down to Emmalia in Preschool. It’s fun to learn, and it’s more fun to realize we have the opportunity, means and ability to learn whatever we want.
8. I am SO thankful that we can decide what we are doing next. Last year moving seemed an inevitable possibility for our family, but we stayed here. Month to month it changed and sometimes we still wonder where we will be in a few years time. It’s a unknown, and it can be frustrating at times, but I am so very thankful that we can make the choice, ourselves. And thankful that, for for this year, we’re still staying here.
9. I am SO thankful for new volunteer opportunities this year. I was selected to be a part of ‘Inspiration through Art’ and am thrilled to meet new families that I can help through difficult times. I’m thankful to have the knowledge, time, and skills to be able to offer myself as a volunteer for some amazing groups. I look forward to seeing where these lead in 2013.
10. I am SO thankful to live in America. I am grateful for our beautiful state, and the 4 seasons that we have. I miss Portland, but enjoy Spokane, and am grateful we have this city to raise our children in nearby family and friends. I am grateful that I have lived in different places, to see the beauty in each one.